Conversational advertising is changing the way that companies interact with their customers. Using this technology has been proven to increase engagement and conversions. Chatbots are here to stay and it’s the perfect time to integrate them into your company’s marketing strategy. You can get started today at signup.smartconvos.com.
Just getting started? Read our previous article on How to Create Your First Conversational Campaign.
- After you’ve submitted and finalized the design for your ad or bot, you will be directed to the Conversation Flow Screen. You have multiple options on this screen. Let’s start by adding a bot message.
- In the text field, type what you’d like for the bot to say. Then click submit.
- Another option is to Prompt a User Action. Use this when you want to ask something of your customer.
- For this first prompt, we will ask the user what their name is. To do this, we select the tab that says Ask Question, and then from the circled drop-down, select Name. The question and response text will automatically populate, but you can edit them to say something different if you prefer. Click Submit when you are done.
- Another option under Prompt User Action is Quick Replies. Use this when you want to give the customer some options for responses that they can choose between. Type your message in the field and then type the reply options. You can add more options by clicking Add Quick Reply. When you’re done editing the message and options, click Submit.
- Now that we’ve given the customer some options to choose between, we need to create a custom response for each option. Start by clicking the first option.
- You can add a bot message, as we’ve done, by clicking create new message. You can also click Connect to Existing Path to link your customer into another part of the conversation. Use the back arrow to return to the main conversation script.
- When you click Existing Path, you’ll see this drop down which lists the entire conversation you’ve created so far. If you want to link them back into a later point, you need to have already created that message or question, as we’ve done with this request for the customer’s email address. Once you’ve picked the place that the conversation should pick up, click Submit.
- You might change your mind about a message that you’ve created. Place your cursor over the message to be given the option to edit or delete the message.
- You can click See Basic Transcript to get an overview of what your conversation will look like.
- You can save a draft of the conversation and come back to edit it later. Once you’re happy with the script you’ve created, click Publish. The script will then be submitted to our Quality Control review process. Your bot will be ready to chat in 24-48 hours.
- In the meantime, you can immediately access the code for your ConvoAd or ConvoBot. Click Get Your Code on the left hand menu.
- You’ll then see your embed code, which you can put into your website or the dashboard for your DSP provider.
Congratulations! You’ve just created your first Conversational AI script.
If you have any questions, we’re here to help! Click Support on the bottom left-hand side of the screen and send us a message, or feel free to give us a call if you require immediate assistance.